Colorful drawings on the face help to create and complement a creative image for girls for a matinee or a holiday. This art painting is also called face art.
What is face art
Drawings can be applied not only to paper or canvas, but also to the body. One of the variations of body art is considered to be face art. For young girls, it is limited to fantasy makeup on the face.
Face art for children is used for matinees, name days, walks in the city park. Aquariums for children have become so popular that they try to do them on their own. For this, special stencils have been developed.
What paints are used for children, what dyes are not suitable
Each parent tries to make drawings on the face for girls with safe paints. Indeed, many coloring products contain toxic substances that pose a health hazard and cause allergies. Colorants should be water-based so that they can be easily washed off at the right time.
Experts advise against painting with gouache on the skin, because it can cause irritation. Dried gouache tends to crack. In the absence of other paints, it can be applied with the addition of glycerin. You can also save yourself from irritation if you first lubricate the skin with baby cream. Gouache drawings are bright and persistent, just don’t do them too often.
It is categorically impossible to paint with cheap watercolors. It fades, cracks, crumbles, tightens the skin. It contains an oxide of heavy metals that cause allergies.
It is forbidden to apply acrylic paints to children’s skin. It contains substances that cause allergies, tightness, peeling. It lies down easily, but it is not so easy to wash it off.
Preparation for drawing and execution technique
Drawings on the face for girls and boys are made using special dyes that are sold in toy and cultural goods stores. The most suitable paints can be found in the theatrical makeup shops. The products there are expensive, but do not irritate the skin.
To perform face art on your own, you need to acquire special devices:
- non-hazardous aqua paints;
- sponges, sponges;
- brushes of different sizes;
- cotton swabs and discs;
- pre-drawn on paper with a stencil.
After all the fixtures are assembled, it is necessary to lay out the desired shades of paint in a convenient place. It is better to moisturize the baby’s skin with baby cream.
Then an even tone is applied to the face. It is desirable to do this with a soft sponge, in smooth circular movements. The paint should be evenly distributed so that after drying, no smears and streaks are visible.
Then proceed to the detailed drawing of small elements and contours using a preliminary blank. For this purpose, brushes are used, preferably flat and soft. Children’s face art requires smooth lines, bright colors, and contrast. The important point is that you need to apply makeup, keeping the brush at a right angle.
How to draw:
- The eyes need to be made the most expressive. To paint over the lower eyelid, the child needs to look up, and to draw the upper eyelid, down.
- Next, face painting is applied to the area of the cheeks, mouth and chin.
- The clearly defined corners of the eyes and lips play a significant role. At the end, it is necessary to fill in small details, correct the general drawing.
- If there is a need to apply a second coat of paint, then you need to wait for the first to dry.
In order for the girl to watch the process of her transformation with pleasure, it is better to put a large mirror in front of her.
DIY ideas for easy and beautiful drawings on the face for girls
Face drawings for girls should be consistent with the child. Often, an instruction is included with the paints, which, in several versions, illuminates how to paint the face of children. It is important to choose a sketch related to the hobby of the little princess.
Girls are very fond of fantasy, romantic motives. Closer to adolescence, they want to decorate their face with patterns with buds, leaves, dew drops. Sometimes the simplest oriental mehendi patterns and ethnic ornaments are used.
Fantasies in the spirit of space look beautiful and unusual. They can display twinkling constellations, nebulae, planets. The simplest option would be a monogram pattern. For face painting, you will need white, pink and gray paints. You do not need to apply tone to apply patterns.
Here is a step-by-step execution of face art with monograms and hearts for a girl in pink and white:
- First, the forehead area is made up. To do this, draw a heart with pink paint on the bridge of the nose.
- On both sides of it, 2 curls are drawn in white.
- Next to them, two smaller monograms are also applied on each side.
- From the corners of the eyes on both cheeks, you need to draw 2 large white monograms and a couple more smaller curls.
- Next to each large monogram, 2 hearts must be depicted in pink.
- A larger heart is applied to the lip area.
- For a three-dimensional pattern, it is better to circle each detail with a gray outline.
The result is a very romantic motive, like an Indian princess.
Motives in the form of winter patterns, white snowflakes are appropriate for the New Year’s carnival. Ornate stains around one eye look original. It is the patterns that help to create images of a sorceress, fairies.
Face drawings for girls can complement carnival costumes, make the image complete. The theme of animals is the most popular among children.
Given the facial expressions, the girl can be offered the following makeup:
It is very simple to depict an amazing animal panda with black and white dyes. First you need to paint the entire face with white paint, leaving only the circles around the eyes. Further, in black it is worth showing all the elements and contours of the muzzle. To complete the look, you can complement the look with a green bamboo branch in the panda’s mouth.
The image of a penguin will be unexpected and not so common. To create it, you need black, white and yellow paint:
- First you need to apply a white background from the middle of the forehead to the lip level.
- Then it needs to be circled with a wide black layer so that the outlines of the penguin are visible.
- A black crest is drawn on top.
- Yellow makeup is applied to the girl’s nose to create a triangular beak.
- The image of a chinstrap penguin will be complemented by pink cheeks.
Most often, a bunny is popular among young creatures:
- First, white semicircles are drawn over the eyebrows with a sponge, affecting the eyebrows and eyelids.
- A bow is drawn over the lip in the same color, overlapping the cheeks.
- Above the eyes and on the cheeks, several gray and white fine hairs are applied.
- The outline of the upper lip is outlined in black, and a line is drawn from the nose.
- Next, you need to put black dots on the cheeks, and draw a rectangle in white on the lower lip.
- Black lines are drawn in the middle to highlight two teeth.
Flowers are often chosen for face art by girls to participate in mass photo sessions. They also help to create romantic images of mermaids and fairies. Floral motifs are easy to draw, but they require a special brightness of the picture, the addition of sparkles.
It is best to draw flowers at home with hypoallergenic pencils. Blooming spring branches with small pink flowers are best for girls. Also, it can be one flower on the cheek or near the eye in the form of a rose, tulip, chamomile.
Images of insects will transform the girl as much as possible: ladybirds, bees, butterflies. It is easy to create the image of a bright bee yourself. All you need is black and yellow paint.
How to draw a bee:
- First, you need to circle the places around the eyes in yellow to get the effect of large glasses.
- Then wide black arrows appear in black on the eyelids, nose, forehead, mustache.
- An elementary image will be a ladybug with outstretched wings. To create the look, you need black, red and white.
How to draw a ladybug:
- First, over the eyes, you need to draw red wings, capturing the eyebrows and half of the forehead.
- Then a black head with a mustache looms on the bridge of the nose.
- The mouth and eyes of the insect are indicated with white paint.
- The wings are outlined in black. Black dots are put on them.
- White lines can liven up the drawing a little.
- The girl’s lips should be painted with red lipstick.
Children love to watch cartoons and imitate their characters. At the end of the last century, Japanese cartoonists invented the kitty Kitty. This is the heroine of the anime series “Hello Kitty”, a white cat with a pink bow on her head.
For the image of Kitty, you need white, pink, black and yellow:
- First, the white muzzle of the animal is drawn.
- The girl’s eyes will become the eyes of a cat, and above the eyebrows with white paint, you need to draw the ears.
- Then the contours, the mustache are applied in black, and the pink bow on the heroine’s ear looms in pink.
- The circle of the nose should be highlighted in yellow.
Another favorite character among girls is the eared elephant Dumbo. He is depicted not only on the face, but also on other parts of the body. This is a more complex drawing, the face painting master will handle it better.
The cartoon “How to Train Your Dragon” has a lot of fans. Girls love to put on the face of the Day Fury makeup from this picture. The drawing is obtained in white-gray-blue tones. The mysterious and beautiful image of a white dragon is suitable for the New Year’s holiday.
The idea for such art-make-up came in connection with the release of the cartoon about the pink Pony. It was on her face that there were shining stars, a rainbow and a bright heart. A huge advantage of such face painting is considered to be fast and simple execution. It is enough to acquire safe paints of the color of the rainbow. An arch is drawn from the left cheekbone to the right side of the forehead through the entire face.
Halloween aquamake for girls has its own peculiarity – the creation of “scary” beauty. Makeup for young ladies should be less terrifying than for adult girls. All Saints’ makeup for girls is matched to the costume.
Here are some Halloween makeup options:
- Zombie girl. It is done with gray paint. Bruises and bruises are drawn in red, yellow and purple. It is better to make the lips black and draw scars on the temples, cheeks, chin.
- There are many variations of this makeup. An evil and disgusting witch must be portrayed in a green tone. It is important to paint over the entire face and neck of the girl. Warts and wrinkles are highlighted in black. On one of the cheeks, you can draw a web and a spider. It is necessary to choose a bright lipstick for such makeup.
- Everyone is accustomed to kind clowns, but if you add a sinister smile to the image, it will turn out scary. Makeup like this requires bright colors. You can take white as a basis, and draw all the elements of the makeup in red and black.
- Make up your eyelids and lips with a bright pink color. In the corners of the lips, you need to depict 2 long fangs, preferably using the 3D technique. On the cheek, you can draw a pink heart with a thin brush. A well-chosen wig will help complete the look.
- Frankie doll. This is a stylish look for a young lady. The face must first be tinted gray-green. Thin eyebrows are clearly drawn in black. It is better to make the eyelids a bright pink tone. Black arrows are carefully drawn right through. Eyelashes can be painted with voluminous black mascara, and lips with bright lipstick. Small scars can be made on the face and neck. Completing Frankie’s look is a black and white wig.
For a complete transformation of a child, you can purchase colored lenses, sparkles, rhinestones, stickers.
Safety measures when applying paint on the face
It is forbidden to apply face art to children under 3 years old, because their skin is especially delicate and tender. Before applying paint, be sure to look for small wounds, scratches, irritations on the face.
It is important to remember the special restlessness of children, you should not turn the face painting procedure into torture, it is better to choose a simple motive that you can quickly draw. Any drawings should be coordinated with the girl in order for her to like the fabulous image.
Drawings on the face require patience and imagination of the performer when creating. For girls, it will be important if you complement the face art with suitable clothes, shoes and hair.
At such a character will be directed the views of those present at the event, be it fantasy, comic or scary.